The Energy Charter Secretariat is pleased to announce that the Industry Advisory Panel (IAP) will meet in Bucharest, Romania on 27 November 2018. The meeting will be hosted by Transgaz.
The main theme of the 41st IAP meeting is:
IMPROVING ENERGY SECURITY AND DEVELOPING CROSS-BORDER ENERGY SYSTEMS. THE ROLE OF INNOVATION AND NEW TECHNOLOGIES
The event will address issues regarding investments in innovation and new technologies that will shape the functioning of the energy sector in the decades to come. Innovative energy technologies are crucial to tackling energy security problems, as well as reducing consumer costs and increasing safety around the world.
The following topics will be discussed at the meeting:
- How emerging technologies and innovation can enhance energy security?
- How digitally-interconnected systems can increase productivity and reduce costs in the energy sector?
- How to accelerate the energy transition through innovation?
- How is innovation disrupting the energy sector?
- How to remove institutional and regulatory barriers to innovation?
- How to accelerate the use of electric vehicles?
- What is the role of policy and regulations in addressing innovation?
- What are the available financial tools to support innovative projects in the energy sector?
- How to finance innovative energy technology companies?