The successful candidate will, under the supervision of the Transit Official (Head):
1. Provide assistance to the Transit Unit on all matters related to the day-to-day Unit's functioning and those under the Program of Work;
2. Provide assistance to the Transit Unit with respect to matters entrusted upon the Unit by the senior management, including but not limited to assistance during subsidiary group meetings, other meetings of the Secretariat, and limited assistance to other units;
3. Provide assistance in research and drafting on matters identified by the immediate superior;
4. Assist immediate supervisor and keep communication with delegations, industry, experts and general participants to events and meetings organised by the Unit under the Program of Work;
5. Carry out other related tasks as assigned by superiors.
The successful candidate should have:
1. Graduate degree (bachelor and up) in law, international relations, political science, or energy;
2. Strong command of English (written and oral) and advanced communication skills; knowledge of Russian is an asset, but not required;
3. Advanced research and drafting skills;
4. At least three years of relevant experience of working in a law firm, international organisation, energy policy think tank, academia, or energy regulatory authority;
5. Ability to multitask and prioritize, and work without supervision;
6. Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- National of a Contracting Party or Signatory of the Energy Charter Treaty;
- Familiarity with the International Energy Charter Process;
- Demonstrable interest in global developments in the energy sector.
The post, with a tax-free remuneration package (C level on the Co-ordinated Organisations (OECD) scale), is offered - subject to the approval of the budget for 2021- on the basis of a Temporary Official contract from January to 31 December 2021. The Energy Charter Secretariat is an equal opportunities employer.
Further details on the Energy Charter Process can be obtained from the Energy Charter website (energycharter.org).