The successful candidate will, under the supervision of the Principal Co-ordinator of the Knowledge Centre:
- Support the Secretariat’s Knowledge Centre, in relation to all of its activities related to the organisation of training courses and the publication of research papers;
- Assist in maintaining active relations with academic institutions with which the Energy Charter Secretariat has an MoU;
- Support the work of the Subsidiary Bodies of the Energy Charter Conference within the context of Knowledge Centre responsibilities;
- Assist in research activities and publications of the Energy Charter Secretariat’s Officials, Secondees, Staff on Loan and Fellows assigned to the Secretariat;
- Provide support for access to the library and archives;
- Assist in organising expert consultations, seminars, trainings and workshops;
- Assist with communications, advocacy and raising visibility of the International Energy Charter;
- Assist in maintaining the ECS website;
- Preparation of the monthly newsletter and uploading of the news items;
- Carry out other related tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate should have:
- Undergraduate degree in international relations, political science, law, economics, public affairs, communications or other related field;
- Understanding of the field of energy law, economics or policy, or in a related field;
- Proficient in all Microsoft programmes;
- Advances information technology (IT) skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- Demonstrable organisation and time management skills;
- Ability to work in an international and diverse work environment;
- Previous work experience, including internships in public affairs, intergovernmental organisations, research institutions, law firms, private sector and alike.
- National of a Contracting Party or Signatory of the Energy Charter Treaty;
- Familiarity with the International Energy Charter Process;
- Familiarity with the political economy in Energy Charter Contracting Parties;
- Graphic design and communication skills;
- Demonstrable interest in global developments in the energy sector.
The post, with an attractive tax-free remuneration package (C4/C5 level on the Co-ordinated Organisations (OECD) scale), is offered on the basis of a Temporary Official contract to end December 2020. The Energy Charter Secretariat is an equal opportunities employer.