Objectives and Tasks:
In the context of investment promotion, the Secretariat prepares for the interested Member and Observer Countries in-depth reviews, on the Investment Climate and Market Structure (ICMS) of the energy sector. ICMS country in-depth reviews are usually subject to the peerreview of two Contracting Parties and are concluded by policy recommendations to improve the national investment climate.
Per Activity 6 of the Secretariat's Programme of Work for 2021, the Conference requested the Secretariat to finalise the ICMS reports of Afghanistan and Jordan.
To complete these reports, the fellow, under the supervision of the Head of Investment Unit, will:
- Conduct a comprehensive analysis of the reviewed countries' legal framework for foreign investments in the energy sector;
- Finalise the draft chapters of the reports and make policy recommendations to improve the national investment climate of the countries.
Outputs and deadlines:
Duration of the fellowship is 4 months. The fellowship is scheduled to commence on 1 March 2021.
- Ability to understand the interlinkages between energy markets, investments and macroeconomic issues.
- Ability to undertake energy research drawing on latest statistics and case studies as well as analyse data, country trends and lessons learned.
- Previous experience in producing reports or peer reviewed publications related to the energy sector is essential.
- Excellent drafting skills in English is an essential requirement. Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset.
- Experience working with relevant stakeholders on cross-sector issues of energy, investment, economics and sustainable development in Afghanistan or Jordan would be desirable.
Working methods for the Fellowship programme:
- The fellow is expected be present at the Secretariat for the duration of the fellowship (with partial teleworking from Brussels depending on COVID situation);
- The fellow commits to devote full time to the project and to meet the deadlines.
Prospective applicants should submit the following documentation:
1. Letter of motivation (one page maximum);
2. Curriculum vitae (CV).