Clearly recognising existing energy challenges and arising opportunities, Turkmenistan, in line with its international initiatives, is willing to contribute to the global energy dialogue and strengthen international energy cooperation. Being one of the largest natural gas producers in the world, Turkmenistan considers global energy cooperation and dialogue on energy security to be a high priority for the sake of stability and peace. During the Chairmanship in the Energy Charter Conference in 2017, Turkmenistan in accordance with the recently adopted Concept of the Chairmanship will be focusing on the following areas:
- Diversification of energy supply sources and routes as a prerequisite for global energy security;
- The role of energy efficiency, energy saving, and innovative technologies, as part of the international energy dialogue and knowledge exchange;
- Promotion and integration of renewable energy sources to encourage sustainable development;
- Reliability and stability of intentional energy transit flows to balance the interests of producing, consuming and transit states;
- Promotion and protection of energy investments to ensure a sustainable future;
- Jointly elaborated declaration as an outcome of the 28th Meeting of the Energy Charter Conference to summarise the role of the International Energy Charter for sustainable development.