The review team was comprised of the following experts:
1. Mr Andrei MALOCHKA, Head of Energy Department, State Enterprise “BELTEI”, Belarus;
2. Mr Constantin BOROSAN, Executive Director, National Energy Council, Moldova;
3. Dr Mevlüt Hürol METE, Senior Expert, Directorate General for Market Surveillance and Inspection, Ministry of Industry and Technology, Turkey;
4. Ms Ozlem DUYAN, Energy Efficiency Coordinator, Energy Charter Secretariat;
5. Dr Oleksandr ANTONENKO, Head of the Energy Efficiency Unit, Energy Charter Secretariat;
6. Dr Urban RUSNAK, Secretary General, Energy Charter Secretariat.
During the mission, the Peer Review Team met with high-level representatives and experts of the Ministry of Energy, other ministries, state authorities and energy companies. The team discussed the key challenges identified in the draft In-Depth Review of the Energy Efficiency Policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, shared the experience of their respective states and presented draft recommendations.
The draft recommendations of the In-Depth Review of the Energy Efficiency Policy of the Republic of Uzbekistan will be further presented for adoption by the Energy Charter Conference to be held in Yerevan on 14-15 December 2021.
The In-Depth Energy Efficiency Reviews analyse the broad economic and energy context of the country, patterns of energy use, energy efficiency policies and institutional frameworks.